Your data, your rights
The Regulation sets out the following rights applicable to you as a data subject and we commit to abiding by these rights and will act accordingly to any requests made in connection with these rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (also referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, telephone numbers, home address, skype address
- other information relevant to providing recruitment services, such as identification, proof of right to work in the UK and qualifications.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- making a decision about your recruitment or appointment
- making decisions about terms and conditions, salary and other benefits
- checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- assessing qualifications for a particular job or task
- complying with health and safety obligations
- preventing fraud
- in order to fulfil equal opportunity monitoring or reporting obligations
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve your experience of using our services
- to contact you about jobs of interest
- we may periodically send targeted promotional emails or text messages about new jobs we believe you will be interested in, or other information which we think you might find interesting using the email address or mobile number you have provided.
Processing information about you
We will only administer personal information in accordance with the lawful basis for processing. At least one of the following will apply when we process personal data:
- Consent: By sending us your CV and engaging our services to find you a new job, you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: The processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Basis for processing your personal information
We consider that the basis for which we will process your personal data is necessary for the performance of the contract we have with you and to enable us to comply with our legal obligations. Occasionally, we may process personal information about you to pursue legitimate interests of our own, provided there is no good reason to protect your interests and your fundamental rights do not override those.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used which helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs and we only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better experience of visiting www.leadingtalent.co.uk by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us and you can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can vary permissions and withdraw cookie consent on our website at any time. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline future cookies if you prefer although this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and we recommend that you exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question, as these sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by amending your settings.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Any data that is shared with third parties is restricted to those who have a business need, in accordance with the duty of confidentiality.
Data Subject Access
A data subject may make a subject access request (SAR) at any time to find out more about the personal data which Leading Talent Ltd holds about them. Leading Talent Ltd is normally required to respond to SAR’s within one month of receipt (this can be extended by up to two months in the case of complex and/or numerous requests and in such cases the data subject shall be informed of the need for the extension).
All SARs must be forwarded to HR@leadingtalent.co.uk marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Leading Talent Ltd does not charge a fee for the handling of normal SARs but we reserve the right to charge reasonable fees for additional copies of information that have already been supplied to a data subject, and for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly where such requests are repetitive.